To lose fat you need to consume fewer calories than you burn (calorie deficit)
(You create a calorie deficit by either eating less calories, burning more calories through exercise or a combination of the two.)
- To gain muscle, you need to eat more calories than you burn (calorie surplus)
(A calorie surplus is when you eat more calories than you burn. When you create a calorie surplus, your body either uses the extra energy to build muscle or store fat)
- Eat Clean, which means nothing processed, no added sugar, lots of lean protein & veggies.
- Never skip meals! Try eating frequent, small meals (4-6 small meals a day). The longer you make your body wait between meals, the less efficient it becomes at burning fat and gaining lean tissue. Long periods without eating will greatly increase your chance of overeating when you finally allow yourself to have a meal.
- Remove all refined carbohydrates from your diet (white bread, white rice, noodles, pasta, rice chips). Substitute them with natural carbohydrates (wholemeal/wholegrain options, brown rice, potato, kumara).
- Drinking large volumes of water (2-3 litres a day) will help to ensure that you aren't retaining any excess sodium (salt), which can be a significant contributor to weight gain and bloating, particularly among females. Being well hydrated will also reduce your chances of mistaking hunger for thirst and eating when you aren't really hungry.
- Try to resist temptations (You may have to eat less of certain types of food than you’re used to.)
Vegan Iced Mocha
Makes 1 Ingredients ½ cup cold brew coffee ½ cup almond milk 1 heaped spoon Luxe Vegan Mocha Protein Powder ½ cup ic...
Peanut Butter Cup & Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding
Makes 2 Ingredients 2 cups almond milk ½ cup chia seeds 2 Tbsp. peanut butter (smooth) ¼ cup peanut butter (crunchy...
Vanilla Protein Bircher Muesli
Serves 2 Ingredients ½ cup oats ¼ cup almond milk ¼ cup coconut cream 1 heaped spoons Luxe Vanilla Protein Powder T...